Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Please Report Beta 2 Bugs Here!
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Please Report Beta 2 Bugs Here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Corrupted levels Reply with quote

SoLan wrote:
crakerz wrote:
Several things didn't "trigger" that had triggered before, things I didn't change. After much hair tearing, I realized that the triggers were corrupted somehow. Deleting them (not copying!) and retyping them in as new (exactly as before, btw) was the only solution.

I was trying out the level I am working on today and I figured out that I needed some more triggers. I added these and tried again, and still nothing happened. I have two computer sides in my level in addition to the human side. I had added two triggers to one of the computer sides and none of these triggered. I also saw that my "every 5 seconds turn side Xs repair on" trigger no longer worked. That had worked on the first test.

Since none of the new stuff was working, I thought at first that I probably hadn't sync-ed the new .pdb to my Palm and I was still playing the old one. Sync-ed again, but the problem was still there.

I couldn't understand this, but since it all seemed to happen to one side, I thought maybe it had something to do with the side the triggers were on. So I opened the triggers and set both of the new ones to the human side. Now it seems to be working perfectly.

This is a brand new level, and all of the triggers were added in version 2, so I guess it doesn't have to do with changing versions. There were no errors when I exported the level.

Sounds like an excellent bug SoLan, thank you. I'll debug it when I get back. Please send me the level that isn't working with a description of what should be working. Thanks.

crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, SoLan, I'm not going nuts! Something similiar happened to me last night on a new level. Triggers assigned to a side other than 1 didn't seem to work. Changing them to side1 made them work, and then back to the original side the continued to. Thought I was(wasn't) seeing things.......

BTW, the issue of mine you quoted was directly related to the 40-trigger per side bug. I wonder, how many triggers total you have for all sides?
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total triggers for all sides: 18 Wink

I didn't try changing the triggers back once they started to work.

motionmind
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I start moving objects around on the playing field or try to select multiple objects, I get this error:

>m -[UntitledLevel*]

>An unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click >Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. >If you click Quit, the application will be shut down immediately.

>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I have the full info from clicking the "details" button also, if that would help.
wayner
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: SERIOUS BUG!!! Reply with quote

When I tested one of the missions in my campaign, instead of the units on the map exploring new area, whenever they move, galaxite starts appearing all around them!!! Can somebody please help me? This is a major bug Exclamation Also, could you bump up the max number of buildings? One of my levels worked fine until I put it in Beta 2.
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

motionmind wrote:
When I start moving objects around on the playing field or try to select multiple objects, I get this error:

>m -[UntitledLevel*]

>An unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click >Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. >If you click Quit, the application will be shut down immediately.

>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I have the full info from clicking the "details" button also, if that would help.

Yes, please post the full details, they will help alot. Thanks.

scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: SERIOUS BUG!!! Reply with quote

wayner wrote:
When I tested one of the missions in my campaign, instead of the units on the map exploring new area, whenever they move, galaxite starts appearing all around them!!! Can somebody please help me? This is a major bug Exclamation Also, could you bump up the max number of buildings? One of my levels worked fine until I put it in Beta 2.

Please send me your .ld and .pdb file: scott@spiffcode.com

Thanks.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: