Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Registration method too strict
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Registration method too strict

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ignatius
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Registration method too strict Reply with quote

I just want to comment about the way of tieing the registration to a machine vs. a person. I am waiting to get the Zodiac but am currently on PPC. I assume I will not be able to move my registration from one platform to another?

A solution would be to tie registration to a person, not a PDA. Palm does this with Palm Reader books by tieing to a credit card instead of a machine. A person would have to give out their credit card number in order to promote piracy. But it also allows moving to a different model of PDA.

Please consider changing to this method. I will avoid buying future Handmark products with this method.

Great game, BTW.
clackey
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Registration Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, the CC method does not work well for PDA software vendors as 3rd-party distribution sites do not pass the users credit card information to the developer for fulfillment. Therefore users would be required to enter their credit card info again at handmark.com after the purchase in order to generate the license key.

Let us (Handmark) know when you are ready to move your license to a different device and we can help you with that.

Thanks,

Cassidy Lackey
highlander
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I just want to get the thing on to my T|C the T|2 to which I registerd it is way too slow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: