Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Testing for game speed
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Testing for game speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Testing for game speed Reply with quote

Is it possible to test for the game speed setting in a level? I am using "Elapsed mission time" as a condition for triggers, and when people start playing the level it occurs to me that players are probably at completely different stages of the mission at any given elapsed mission time depending on their game speed setting. If I could test for game speed, I could set the elapsed time to half the number of seconds when the game speed is doubled.
miracle
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the game speed is doubled, then everything goes twice as fast, right? So building a building (lol, sounds funny) is twice as fast, thus the time counter should be twice as fast, right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. The triggers do not say "seconds", they say "game seconds". So the game speed just tells how fast-paced they want things to be. It doesn't in any way affect how a game works. Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it is more or less like Ford Prefect says it in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy": Time is an illusion. Lunch time doubly so. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: