Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Rules
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Rules

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mafia General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Rules Reply with quote

Forum Mafia is based on the party game Mafia (if you know how it's played) albeit with a few new roles. Nobody knows who the other person is. The objective of the mafia is to kill all the townsfolk while the townsfolk try to find out and kill the mafia amongst them. Neutral roles have their own victory conditions.

There are day and night sequences. Day will take TWO OR THREE FULL DAYS IN REAL TIME or until there has been a successful lynching. Night will take TWO OR THREE FULL DAYS during which the mafia can discuss in their own private discussion forum and the friends in their own private discussion forum.

The town's roles with special abilities (besides friends) must PM me if they want to use their special ability. The PM MUST be titled "Mafia + ________" depending on what you want to do (If you are a cop, title the message "Mafia Kill (username)", for civilian, title "Mafia Barricade", for detective title "Mafia Detect (username)", for investigator title "Mafia Investigate (username)", etc)

All mafia roles must confirm their actions on the Mafia Group Chat forum (which is hidden to everyone besides the mafia).

In the beginning of the game, I (the narrator) will assign each of you a random role. This is usually, in a 15 player match, 3 mafia roles, 2 neutral roles, and 10 town roles (which includes 3 friends). Lynching will occur with a poll on the top of each day. You can choose to not lynch and skip the day by selecting the "Skip" option. If skip accumulates the majority vote, the day will be skipped and will proceed into night.

If you are lynched or killed by the mafia, I will remove your name and you will be removed from the game until the end of the match. I will then reinvite you so that you may see what went on during the game.

Players who achieve the victory condition of their role will recieve 20 points upon victory. Participating players who lost will recieve 10 points upon loss. Any player who survives until the end earns an additional 5 survival bonus points.

Not all Mafia games will be the same; I will not use all the roles at once in each game, and there will also be plenty of special roles that may appear in some games.

Discussion of an active Forum Mafia game is LIMITED STRICTLY TO THE FOLLOWING FORUMS:

Forum Mafia Game

Mafia Group Chat

Friends Group Chat

Any discussion of a current match outside of these forums will result in the player being booted from the match. Beware Wink .