Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Will there be an update?
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Will there be an update?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Athlos
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Will there be an update? Reply with quote

It's been a long time since there was an update, can't they at least make use of the retina display? Surely this game could use a refresher, it's become a bit stagnant in the App Store. It's really not that difficult I don't see why the creator doesn't do something.
doom
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving tjis game Retina display will make no difference,
Scotts a one man band, he needs help to do an update, thats why i think the community should help.

Warfare Incorporated Veteran, Most well known player.
Athlos
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure retina display would work, it's about making the game look polished. The resolution right now looks slightly blurry & same with the icon. Also I've modded many RTS games, it's really not that hard to make new units, new missions, and new structures. I'm talking about a nice small update to breathe life into an awesome game. (arguably the best RTS on the iOS).

Also I realize maybe this game is so old the creator doesn't have the original assets used to create the game, so if the units and graphics were specifically designed for a certain resolution, a whole rework of the graphics would be necessary. So I guess I see how that would be tedious if the creator no longer had an interest in this game. It would just be nice if the creator would be more vocal and more present I guess. Like taking the time to respond to this message.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doom wrote:
Giving tjis game Retina display will make no difference,
I disagree doom. It would help the game to have retina graphics. I know a good number of people who would play if WI's graphics was retina.

doom wrote:
Scotts a one man band, he needs help to do an update, thats why i think the community should help.
I wish it could be done. Even with the community helping (probably helping with drawing graphics) it would still require a good bit of time from Scott.

Athlos wrote:
The resolution right now looks slightly blurry & same with the icon.
I often wished scott would update WI even if all it was was a retina icon. WI makes your homescreen look bad with that non retina icon.
I actually made (I modified existing art by Spiffcode) retina WI icon but your device needs to be jailbroken to use it.

Athlos wrote:
I'm talking about a nice small update to breathe life into an awesome game.
I don't think it would take a lot of time to update WI and add a few nice features, but nomatter how much time it would take, its probably too much for Scott.[/quote]

Athlos wrote:
(arguably the best RTS on the iOS).
WI isn't arguably the best RTS for iOS, it is the best. No arguing Razz

Athlos wrote:
So I guess I see how that would be tedious if the creator no longer had an interest in this game.
Scott still is still interested in WI (to my knowledge) but he's very busy.

Athlos wrote:
It would just be nice if the creator would be more vocal and more present I guess. Like taking the time to respond to this message.
Yeah. I wish he'd be a little more open about what's going on (like keeping us updated on the opensource progress) as well as posting on the forums more. It doesn't take much time to post every day or two.
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, if its opensourced who updates the game?
LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hypothesized that there would be one main WI app which Scott would have full control over, then there would be other apps maintained by other developers. It's possible that there would be a method for integrating others' developments into the main WI app.
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last sentence would be awesome, kinda like if scotts busy people can develop stuff anc he can just put it in the game.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galm wrote:
That last sentence would be awesome, kinda like if scotts busy people can develop stuff anc he can just put it in the game.
If he's real busy he might not have time to add the stuff other's develop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: