Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - MULTIPLAYER over INTERNET works ! !
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

MULTIPLAYER over INTERNET works ! !
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfex
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: MULTIPLAYER over INTERNET works ! ! Reply with quote

Tap PLAY MULTIPLAYER / Tap SPECIFY / TAP in IP NUMBER / Tap OK / Your screen should display> Game: alfex's game / Tap JOIN and tap READY and wait for Host player to start game. Wait should be less than 2 min.

Games take about 30 min. to play, so your battery should be above 3/4 full to play or use charging cradle while playing. If a game does not display, then there is one in progress already.

Click on the following link to sign up for hosting alerts to be sent to your inbox:

http://wmpl.verdagon.com/Home.php

For more Hosting or Joining Information see the next thread.

Last edited by alfex on Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:55 pm; edited 14 times in total
alfex
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: HELP for HOSTers & JOINers on Internet Games Reply with quote

HOSTING: DSL & CABLE Users - 2 Steps

Step 1: Need to know your HOSTing IP Number: Go to www.whatismyip.com to find your HOSTing IP #, it will give you the IP # of your ISP that your gateway modem uses to connect to the Internet. In my case 206.124.135.54. This is the number that JOINers need to enter after tapping SPECIFY on the "Join or Host a Game" page. IP numbers are assigned by your ISP on a continuing basis (dynamically). This means that your HOSTing IP# could change as often as 3 times a day for cable HOSTs. DSL HOSTs usually keep the same IP# until they reset their modem. You can get a fixed (static) IP# for about $5/month. IP numbers consist of 4 sets of numbers seperated by periods.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 2: Open port 22222. You must know the IP number of your gateway modem and have the userID + password to gain access to it. Your Telco/Cable company should have a web site to help you find the IP number of your modem. For example my gateway modem's IP number is 192.168.0.1. Simply put that number into the Address section on your browser and hit Enter key. After getting into the menu, you should find a port forwarding option in the modem's Advanced Setup. You want to forward port 22222 to your Palm's IP#. In the forwarding port options, you must enter the IP number of your wireless device (i.e. 192.168.0.X).
This IP number (X) is displayed by Warfare Inc. in the "WAIT FOR JOINING PLAYERS" screen after "Local Device's Address", 192.168.0.4 in my case.

After doing the above, check if port 22222 is open by trying to host a game over the Internet. If another player can see your game, then you are now a HOSTer. Congratulations.

You may also use another advanced option called DMZ Hosting. This opens open port 22222 but also opens some other ports used for other games. Again, you enter the IP# of the mobile device that will be HOSTing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JOINING: Just tap SPECIFY in the "JOIN OR HOST A GAME" page. Enter in the IP number of person HOSTing and tap OK. The device will look for a game and display it within 10 seconds, if that IP is waiting for players to JOIN. Tap the game and tap JOIN. Then tap READY. Wait for other players and then the HOST will begin game. Most modem/gateway devices will let you join, but not host. JUST TRY IT. Cool

NOTES:

1. Lagging Issues: http://www.warfareincorporated.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=992

1. Bluetooth (BT) devices cannot HOST over Internet. Joining is not a problem using a BT access point. (Using a dongle BT?- This is a bit more complicated- Go here for more help: http://www.warfareincorporated.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1715

2. JOINing is no problem for most users if they can surf the Internet with their mobile device.

3. We have played games with Australia, Mexico, Sweden, Czech Republic, China, India, Finland and Canada so far.

Last edited by alfex on Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:01 pm; edited 19 times in total
jubjub64
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do I do if my IP changes each time I log on?

H2210 over bluetooth internet (and lovin it!)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ez-b
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: yeah!!!!! progress!!! Reply with quote

OK.......PROGRESS

i may have found a way for bluetooth enabled handhelds to host.

before i disclose any information i need to test with other users. if any one is interested just add me to your favorite instant messenger and look for me to become avaliable online or pm me in this forum.

i will be online today between now and 12pm eastern and later around 10:30pm to midnight or later.
alfex
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Your modem only gets a new IP number if you turn off your modem.

Each time your modem is turned on, the cable company assigns you a new IP number. Just go to www.whatismyip.com and find out your current IP number. Leave your modem on and it will not change until you have a power outage. Crying or Very sad

You can request a static IP number from the cable company, but it costs extra. Then each time you power up, you will be assigned the same IP number.

Al

WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi How can I contact you, to play over internet. I have a permanent wifi conection and fix IP. Tom
alfex
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChezTommy,

Lots of ways. Look at the bottom of any of the postings (entries, threads) on the forum. Like this one for example.

On the left side, you see the words "Back to top" in orange.

To the right of that, you see the words in all caps " PROFILE PM EMAIL WWW YIM" . This is from my posting. Everyone has PROFILE and PM. Other users have more. PM = Private Message YIM = Yahoo Instant Messanger AIM= AOL Instant Messenger

Mouse clik over the one you want to use to make contact.

Hope to see u on a multiplayer.

See below this line for ways to contact.
SSOLID
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI,

I'm new on this, I cant play multiplayer!!!Crying or Very sad

I have Speedstream 5660, Win XP but I can play whit my friends, some one can Help me!!

Regards,
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DooManiaC
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know how an I enable DMC hosting on a com21 Doxport DP1110
I´ve been trying to host a game, and I think that the problem is that port 2222 is not open, and DMZ will be the solution.
Thanks in advance:
Aurelio

DooManiaC
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, DMZ is the definite solution, but first i must enable it, but i dont know my modem ip number, i´ve tryied typing ipconfig /all in DOS but it doesnt appear there, thats the only way I know to identify it, do you know any other way to know my modem ip???
Thanks in advance

alfex
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to the manual for your modem. http://www.com21broadband.com/files/UsersGuide.pdf

This is the web address for your modem to get into its' menu.

Default Gateway .... 68.108.100.1

Hope this helps

WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how to connect to the interent on my pda via BT , but I don't know how to join a multiplayer game.
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay just open warfare (make sure its latest version) and click on "Multiplayer". Click on one of the buttons showing up there (sometimes they have an ip address in it, sometimes they have the word "bluetooth" or "network" in it...) and another window should pop up, and then on the bottom there will be a "specify" button. Click on it and type in the HOSTer's ip address, and it should retreat to the previous window and say "searching..." and soon it'll show a game. Click on the game, and a button called "join" will appear on the lower left. Click on that join button to join the game.

Gawsh, reading back on this makes me realize it's not very easy, is it? lol... I guess I'm so used to it I don't realize that it takes a lot of time to do all that...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
spencer2004
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: MULTIPLAYER over INTERNET works ! ! Reply with quote

Can you plaease join my game, my ip address is 84.66.240.78 and the game is called spencer's game
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey spencer, when do u host ur game?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: