Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - HT Android Public Beta
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

HT Android Public Beta
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: HT Android Public Beta Reply with quote

Hello everyone! As some of you may know, I have been working on an Android port of Hostile Takeover. The time has now come to release a public beta! Smile Here's a short video (on YouTube) that demonstrates Hostile Takeover on Android!

I’ve done my best to throughly test the app and work out the bugs — everything seems to be working for the most part. However, I have only been able to personally test the app on two different android devices. I’d appreciate some help from the community to test the app out on a wider range of devices; please throughly test the app on all devices and OSs that you have available to you and please report any bugs that you find.

To submit a bug report, you can PM me, email me, or reply to this topic. Helpful information to include in a bug report would be the device’s: model, OS version, screen resolution, screen density, and CPU architecture. All that infuriation can be easily obtained from a nice app called Droid Hardware Info.

Both single and multiplayer should work! However, please be aware that it is connected to my own game server; it is not currently connected to the Warfare Incorporated multiplayer server. Because I am using my own server, it does not have access to the WI username database. So if you'd like to use an account on multiplayer, you will need to create one.

My server has a new feature, team chat Smile If you get enough people online for a 2v2 game, you can try it out with the /t command!

Hostile Takeover requires several device permissions to run:
Read / Write to Device Storage: This is required to allow the game to install and remove add-on mission packs on your device.
Access Internet and Network State: This is required to allow the game to connect to multiplayer. It is also used to download add-on mission packs and access the game’s leaderboard.

Before attempting to install the app, you will need to change the security settings on your device to allow the installation on non-PlayStore apps. Go to Settings > Security and turn on Unknown Sources. Now, visit this link on your Android device to download HostileTakeover-v1.1.1.apk to your downloads folder. Then go to your Downloads app and open the .apk file to install t.

Note: It’s called Hostile Takeover rather than Warfare Incorporated because Hostile Takeover was the name that Spiffcode Inc. open sourced WI under.
If anyone is interested in the source code, my Hostile Takeover fork can be found on GitHub.

Download link to current version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwBk_4vAUgVIVGQ5T2VUQ2VweFk

Thank you in advance to everyone who participates in this public beta! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply to this topic!

Known bugs:
- On Samsung Note devices, touch input will not work but stylus input will. As I don't own a Samsung Note, I'd appreciate any information anyone can give me about this bug.

Version information and history below:

Version 1.1.1 (current version)
- Initial public beta release

Last edited by N104 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Lean
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant log in my acct, and fhe screen doesnt fit well.. to small..
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lean wrote:
cant log in my acct
As I mentioned in the original post, this .apk is currently using my own game server and not WI's server. So you'll need to create a new account on that server before you can login to multiplayer. If you want to use the same username and password you use on WI, thats fine.

Lean wrote:
and fhe screen doesnt fit well.. to small..
Currently, when WI is played on the iPhone 6, the iOS actually scales the entire app up by 1.5x. This Android port does not do this (nor do I intend it to). So if you're used to playing WI on an iPhone 6 (or 6s or 6+), this Android port may feel a little smaller. The units/buildings in this Android port should be the exact same size as the units/buildings when you play WI an iPhone 5s or under.

If you still believe it it's too small (and you're not just thinking that because you're used to playing WI on an iPhone 6 where it gets scaled up by 1.5x), could you please provide your screen resolution and density?

galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey N team chat is an awesome addition, do you think you could make it a separate button so that a /t is automatically typed for the player? This would be an awesome convenience.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galm wrote:
Hey N team chat is an awesome addition, do you think you could make it a separate button so that a /t is automatically typed for the player? This would be an awesome convenience.
Yeah, that could be done. Another idea perhaps is that you could type /t and then all your chats after it are team chats; then you type /t again to toggle it back to the main chat.
Lean
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not linked on original warfare..
its like u made ur own app and copy the game..
plus the name sucks..
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lean wrote:
its not linked on original warfare..
its like u made ur own app and copy the game..
plus the name sucks..

As I said in my original post...
N104 wrote:
it is not currently connected to the Warfare Incorporated multiplayer server.

N104 wrote:
Note: It’s called Hostile Takeover rather than Warfare Incorporated because Hostile Takeover was the name that Spiffcode Inc. open sourced WI under

hitch
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Touch screen not working with finger, only stylus.
Stylus works, but cannot drag a lasso to capture units. Double tap with stylus works to move multiple units of same type.
Plays full screen, add on packs work fine.
No good way to exit the game.
Android 5.0

LG Gpad 8" screen (These can be found online for about $80 these days
Touch screen works, multi select works great
Plays full screen, Nice!
add on mission packs work great
No way to exit the game
Android 5.02

Thanks for making the game playable on Android. I've been away for a long time!
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow it's pretty incredible seeing a member back from 2004!
AMD-GUY
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Amazing work! some issues with my tablet Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for porting! amazing work.
Straight to the point- It's not displayed correctly on my ASUS TF701T - a 10" 2560 x 1600 android tablet.
The menu is tiny (about 4 inch in the middle of the screen), when playing the game most of the screen is on the left with a black center, and the right side of the screen shows a bit of the "left" part of the screen (mini map and above), when moving the entire screed goes crazy.
On my Note 4 (snapdraggon) it works amazing however only with the stylus (so I can't pick more than one unit, I can double tap to select all units of the same kind on the screen).
I can confirm it works great on Galaxy S7 (first level, didn't even finish it, just tested).

Now for my story, I played this on my Palm Pilot Zire 71 back when the zire was released and I loved it, and missed it!
I had an iPhone 3gs and I played it back then as well.

Thank you very much for porting![/quote]
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Amazing work! some issues with my tablet Reply with quote

Hi AMD-GUY! Thanks for trying out the beta and providing detailed feedback!

AMD-GUY wrote:
It's not displayed correctly on my ASUS TF701T - a 10" 2560 x 1600 android tablet. The menu is tiny (about 4 inch in the middle of the screen), when playing the game most of the screen is on the left with a black center, and the right side of the screen shows a bit of the "left" part of the screen (mini map and above), when moving the entire screed goes crazy.
The game's menu is designed for phones with 3.5-4.0 inch screen. That it why the menu is only about 4 inches in the middle.
Could you upload a screenshot of the right side of showing a little of the left side? What map were you using? Since you tablet is fairly large (10 inches) it's possible that the device screen was bigger than the map itself (which could cause repetition or mirroring on the sides.

AMD-GUY wrote:
On my Note 4 (snapdraggon) it works amazing however only with the stylus (so I can't pick more than one unit, I can double tap to select all units of the same kind on the screen).
Thanks! There seems to be a touch tracking bug on Note devices; I'm working on getting this fixed Smile

AMD-GUY wrote:
I can confirm it works great on Galaxy S7 (first level, didn't even finish it, just tested).
Awesome, thanks!

AMD-GUY wrote:
Now for my story, I played this on my Palm Pilot Zire 71 back when the zire was released and I loved it, and missed it!
I had an iPhone 3gs and I played it back then as well.
Wow, you've been playing for a while. We're glad you're still around and enjoying the game!
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An official Warfare Inc beta is now available, please refer to this topic: http://www.warfareincorporated.com/xyzzy/viewtopic.php?t=9621
AMD-GUY
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!
How can I move my saves from Hostile Takeover (Galaxy note 4) to other android devices?
Just got a LG G5 from work, can't wait to test it out!
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMD-GUY wrote:
How can I move my saves from Hostile Takeover (Galaxy note 4) to other android devices?
Saved games are saved in /data/data/com.spiffcode.ht/files/SaveGames/ I believe you'll need root to access that location.
AMD-GUY
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N104 wrote:
AMD-GUY wrote:
Saved games are saved in /data/data/com.spiffcode.ht/files/SaveGames/ I believe you'll need root to access that location.

Thanks! however my devices are not rooted and I can't access that folder.
Any way you can change the location in the next update?
Also, I sent you a private message with screenshots from my 10" tablet so you can see what's wrong.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: